Causing surprise; unexpected: a surprising sequence of events
More example sentences
- The failure to see anything decent crop up in the first few years is not terribly surprising.
- Coming up next, some surprising news about the recession.
- The disc has a surprising number of special features.
- Example sentences
- Are we talking about some sort of information-theoretical density - the informativeness or surprisingness of someone's choices of words, phrase structures and ideas?
- The images of the electric eel and the popping tangle of seaweed convey something of the speed and surprisingness of William's mind.
- We can also estimate the surprisingness of applicability conjectures, by assessing how likely it is that a production rule step would produce very few models.
Words that rhyme with surprisingrising
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.