Definition of survivable in English:
(Of an accident or ordeal) able to be survived; not fatal: air crashes are becoming more survivable
More example sentences
- The NTSB determined the accident was not survivable because of high impact forces, and autopsies confirmed all deaths were the result of blunt-force trauma.
- Many believe that all aviation accidents are not survivable.
- The former would be a survivable disaster for the human race.
- 1survivability noun
- Example sentences
- They also said the wolves' genetics, which dictate their long-term survivability, were not well understood.
- Despite such confidence, energy expert Professor Ian Fells worries about Anaconda's survivability at sea.
- To ensure survivability, we must implement improvements in self-protection for all our combat air forces.
Definition of survivable in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.