Definition of survivorship in English:
1The state or condition of being a survivor; survival.
- Dr Mike Sullivan talks to us about late effects of chemotherapy and radiotherapy, and also about things that were all under the theme of survivorship after cancer.
- She is particularly interested in cancer survivorship and health disparity issues.
- We appreciate your support in spreading the word about cancer survivorship and research by giving the wristbands away.
1.1 Law A right depending on survival, especially the right of a survivor of people with a joint interest to take the whole on the death of the others.
- One is called a joint tenancy with right of survivorship.
- Alternatively, you and your husband could hire a lawyer to prepare a new deed for the home that states that the two of you own it as joint tenants with rights of survivorship.
- It was held that the presumption of a resulting trust in her favour (and therefore of her estate) was rebutted, and that the nephew was entitled to the balance on the account by survivorship.
Definition of survivorship in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan