noun (plural swanneries)
- A place set aside for swans to breed.More example sentences
- Now is the hatching time at Abbotsbury Swannery, the oldest swannery in the world.
- The swannery is open from May to September, 9: 30 A.M. to 4 P.M.; admission is $2.25.
- Sometimes cygnets would be captured in the wild and taken home to be fattened for the table, but many birds were kept in carefully tended swanneries within the grounds of monasteries or castles.
More definitions of swanneryDefinition of swannery in:
- The British & World English dictionary