Definition of swap meet in English:
nounchiefly North American
1A gathering at which enthusiasts or collectors trade or exchange items of common interest: a computer swap meet
More example sentences
- At the swap meet you're either exchanging parts or cash.
- Proceeds from table rentals at the swap meet will be put towards the refurbishment of computers for needy Edmonton households.
- Or maybe you found one of your father's chips in an old trunk or stumbled on one at a swap meet and wondered what it might be worth as a collector's item.
1.1A flea market.
- I found the photo of the Lightning at a local swap meet and you can see why it attracted my interest.
- Almost every city has regular swap meets or collectible shows and careful browsing can usually find a variety of WWII items, including post cards.
- A connoisseur of thrift stores and swap meets, she understands the collector mentality, the longing to affiliate and define oneself through things.
Definition of swap meet in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan