- A factory or workshop, especially in the clothing industry, where manual workers are employed at very low wages for long hours and under poor conditions.More example sentences
- Two weeks ago, Farias's office participated in 81 raids of sweatshops that employ immigrant labor.
- Higher oil and raw material prices have also forced factory sweatshops to further slash the impoverished wages and conditions.
- The conditions in the sweatshops of south east Asia are reminiscent of the way in which Engels described conditions in the north of England in the 1840s.
More definitions of sweatshopDefinition of sweatshop in:
- The British & World English dictionary