1A person or device that cleans a floor or road by sweeping.
- Two days ago I saw road sweepers and contractors cleaning the streets around Chessington and Hook and doing a good job of it.
- Guards, policemen, cleaning ladies and road sweepers will all be dancing in the street this weekend to launch the BBC's marketing campaign for The Queen's Golden Jubilee.
- Bagenalstown is to get a new ‘green machine’ - a mechanical sweeper to clean the streets of the town.
2A small nocturnal shoaling fish of reefs and coastal waters, occurring chiefly in the tropical Indo-Pacific.
- Family Pempheridae: several genera and species, including the western Atlantic glassy sweeper (Pempheris schomburgki), with transparent young
- Around the pinnacles, lionfish and coral groupers lay ready to apprehend stragglers from the shoals of sweepers, while yellow-mouthed moray eels poked their heads from gaps in the coral as I passed.
- Here we found lionfish, moray eels and sweepers.
- Entirely encrusted with corals, Mawali is a lively reef, sheltering huge scorpionfish, nudibranchs, sweepers, flower groupers, lionfish and harlequin ghost pipefish.
Words that rhyme with sweeperArequipa, beeper, bleeper, creeper, Dnieper, keeper, leaper, peeper, reaper, sleeper, weeper
Definition of sweeper in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.