- A climbing plant of the pea family, widely cultivated for its colorful fragrant flowers.
More example sentences
- Genus Lathyrus, family Leguminosae: several species, in particular L. odoratus, which originated in southern Italy and Sicily
- Imagine your garden filled with super-fragrant sweet peas, ruffly-petalled poppies or butterfly-attracting orange tithonias.
- Very fancy fences can be created from tall flowering annuals such as cleome, cosmos, dahlias, sweet peas and sunflowers for a display of spring, summer and autumn colour.
- Poppies, sweet peas, pot marigold and gilia are all waiting in our yard for attention.
More definitions of sweet peaDefinition of sweet pea in:
- The British & World English dictionary