- A large green, yellow, orange, or red variety of capsicum that has a mild or sweet flavor and is often eaten raw. Also called bell pepper.
More example sentences
- Capsicum annuum variety annuum, ‘grossum’ group (or variety grossum)
- Otherwise known as bell peppers, capsicum and pimento, sweet peppers are natural partners to Provençal vegetables such as courgettes, aubergine and tomatoes.
- The elder Okinawans eat a lot of carrots, cabbage, onions, sweet potatoes, sweet peppers and bean sprouts - more vegetables than fruits.
- Vitamin C, the most plentiful water-soluble antioxidant, is present in all citrus fruits and such vegetables as broccoli, sweet peppers, and potatoes.
More definitions of sweet pepperDefinition of sweet pepper in:
- The British & World English dictionary