- A Near Eastern plant of the daisy family, with sweet-scented flowers, slender stems, and narrow gray-green leaves, cultivated for garden plantings.
More example sentences
- Centaurea moschata, family Compositae
- Books from the 1930's and 40's depict expansive annual gardens, heavy with hollyhocks, nasturtiums, larkspur, sweet sultans and anchusas.
- Wreaths of phlox decorated each side mixed with candy tuft and sweet sultans.
- It somewhat resemble tiny sweet sultans or bachelor's buttons; but it is a rude, stocky, useless weed, with a stout, hard stem which cumbers the ground.
More definitions of sweet sultanDefinition of sweet sultan in:
- The British & World English dictionary