Definition of sweet sultan in English:
A Near Eastern plant of the daisy family, with sweet-scented flowers, slender stems, and narrow gray-green leaves, cultivated for garden plantings.
- Centaurea moschata, family Compositae
- Books from the 1930's and 40's depict expansive annual gardens, heavy with hollyhocks, nasturtiums, larkspur, sweet sultans and anchusas.
- Wreaths of phlox decorated each side mixed with candy tuft and sweet sultans.
- It somewhat resemble tiny sweet sultans or bachelor's buttons; but it is a rude, stocky, useless weed, with a stout, hard stem which cumbers the ground.
Definition of sweet sultan in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan