Definition of sweet tooth in English:
noun[usually in singular] (plural sweet tooths)
A great liking for sweet-tasting foods.
- Three in five people confess to having a sweet tooth and to consuming foods they know are not good for them.
- Junk the junk food and satisfy your sweet tooth with strawberries, cherries, oranges and kiwi fruit.
- Sugar conditioning starts with baby foods and drinks, and once a child has acquired a sweet tooth, non-sweetened foods are not so attractive.
- Example sentences
- We were both feeling pretty full by this point, but we shared a delicious-looking Tiramisu which was honestly the best I've ever had - perfect for sweet-toothed diners everywhere.
- Mrs Smith said the two biggest factors in the escalation of drinking were the proliferation of youth bars and the introduction, in 1996, of alcopops - drinks designed for sweet-toothed teenagers.
- For the sweet-toothed, there will be plum cakes with rum sauce, Yule Log, Souffle Triffle and a choice of Indian sweets, fruits and ice-creams as well.
Definition of sweet tooth in:
- British & World English dictionary