Definition of sweet violet in English:
A sweet-scented Old World violet with heart-shaped leaves, used in perfumery and as a flavoring.
- Viola odorata, family Violaceae
- She anticipates the biggest headache being the wild flowers (cowslips, primroses, sweet violets, daisies, speedwells, wild orchids, wild thyme, chives and marigold), which need to be grown in a sod of bent grass.
- Some climbers flower once a year - heavily in spring. ‘Lady Banks’ is smothered in 1-inch white blooms in spring, filling the air with the fragrance of sweet violets.
- Iris is a powdery scent that captures a hint of sweet violets.
Definition of sweet violet in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan