(also sweet William)
Definition of sweet william in English:
A fragrant garden pink with flattened clusters of vivid red, pink, or white flowers.
- Dianthus barbatus, family Caryophyllaceae
- I want blooming roses, daisies, tritoma, canna, coreopsis, sweet william, lobelia, lupins, gypsophilia, pansies, and the like.
- Forget-me-not, wallflower, primula, sweet william and viola will all be available from garden centres and nurseries.
- As you cut down summer annuals and biennials, such as foxglove, hollyhock, poppy and sweet william, break apart the seed heads and sprinkle the seeds around.
Definition of sweet william in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan