(also sweet William)
Definition of sweet william in English:
A fragrant garden pink with flattened clusters of vivid red, pink, or white flowers.
- Dianthus barbatus, family Caryophyllaceae
- I want blooming roses, daisies, tritoma, canna, coreopsis, sweet william, lobelia, lupins, gypsophilia, pansies, and the like.
- Forget-me-not, wallflower, primula, sweet william and viola will all be available from garden centres and nurseries.
- As you cut down summer annuals and biennials, such as foxglove, hollyhock, poppy and sweet william, break apart the seed heads and sprinkle the seeds around.
Definition of sweet william in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.