Definition of sweetgrass in English:
Any of a number of grasses that possess a sweet flavor, making them attractive to livestock, or a sweet smell, resulting in their former use as herbs for strewing or burning.
- Glyceria, Hierochloe, and other genera, family Gramineae
- Do get ‘smudged’ by an elder when he offers to purify you with sweetgrass, tobacco, sage and cedar.
- And when I've run out of sweetgrass, someone always shows up with a braid of sweetgrass and gives it to me.
- Treatment blends of honey, cornmeal, sage and sweetgrass are a luxurious reminder of the spa's Native American roots.
Definition of sweetgrass in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.