Definition of sweetlips in English:
noun (plural same)
A patterned grunt (fish) that changes its color and markings with age, occurring in the Indo-Pacific.
- Plectorhynchus and other genera, family Pomadasyidae: several species, including the oriental sweetlips (P. orientalis)
- Maori wrasse, sweetlips and trevallies hang in the current.
- Fish are everywhere, not just the current-indicating anthias but all the bigger fish, from harlequin sweetlips to trevally and grouper.
- Maori wrasse, sweetlips, trevallies, grouper and every variety of Indo-Pacific coral browser hover around.
Definition of sweetlips in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.