Definition of sweetlips in English:
noun (plural same)
A patterned grunt (fish) that changes its color and markings with age, occurring in the Indo-Pacific.
- Plectorhynchus and other genera, family Pomadasyidae: several species, including the oriental sweetlips (P. orientalis)
- Maori wrasse, sweetlips and trevallies hang in the current.
- Fish are everywhere, not just the current-indicating anthias but all the bigger fish, from harlequin sweetlips to trevally and grouper.
- Maori wrasse, sweetlips, trevallies, grouper and every variety of Indo-Pacific coral browser hover around.
Definition of sweetlips in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan