Definition of swift fox in English:
A small fox with a yellowish-buff coat and a black-tipped tail, living on the plains of North America.
- Vulpes velox, family Canidae
- These areas provide critical habitat for sage grouse, black-footed ferrets, swift foxes and black - tailed prairie dogs, whose plight NWF has brought to the forefront.
- Prairie dogs also provide food for the swift fox, the coyote, weasels, snakes, badgers, hawks and golden eagles as well as crucial habitat for many other native plants and animals.
- Many species depend on the prairie dog for food or habitat, such as the swift fox, burrowing owl, and ferruginous hawk.
Definition of swift fox in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.