- A coastal crab that has paddlelike rear legs for swimming.
More example sentences
- Family Portunidae: many species, including the velvet swimming crab (Macropipus puber)
- The shelves and fissures which bisect these rocks are home to edible crabs, velvet swimming crabs, prawns, squat lobsters and the occasional large common lobster.
- We found ten different species of nudibranch, as well as sea spiders, edible crabs, swimming crabs and sea hares.
- Common lobsters, edible crabs, velvet swimming crabs, shore crabs and hermit crabs were common.
More definitions of swimming crabDefinition of swimming crab in:
- The British & World English dictionary