Definition of swingy in English:
adjective (swingier, swingiest)
1(Of music) characterized by swing (see swing (sense 4) of the noun)).
- The funky basslines and swingy guitars make this song a bit special.
- For a start, this music is uninhibited, drawing plentifully from the lightweight and somewhat swingy end of the spectrum.
- The songs were a bit of a departure for King; the blues were certainly in evidence, but the overall flavor leaned toward swingy, jazzy ballads, including some Nat King Cole covers.
2(Of a skirt, coat, or other garment) cut so as to swing as the wearer moves.
- Practical and smart separates like tank tops worn under printed chiffon tops or a pencil skirt worn with a swingy, sharp-shouldered jacket presents an exceptional sense of fashion.
- Although he managed to freshen up this look a bit by pairing a fitted ivory jacket with a delightfully swingy chiffon skirt, grand and brand-new statements are not his forte.
- Today, I've got on a new twin set with a black, swingy, knee length skirt, and two inch high, black patent, t-strap shoes.
Definition of swingy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan