Definition of switchgear in English:
1Switching equipment used in the transmission of electricity.
- The business takes the company's 10 engineers on work all over the world, often for months at a time, carrying out modifications, testing, installation and commissioning of medium to high voltage switchgear.
- Currently, 45 Iraqi electricians working extended shifts are preparing the necessary power cables for the first new turbine and installing low and medium voltage switchgear.
- A portion of that Power House is still standing, which contains historical switchgear and transformers.
2The switches or electrical controls in a motor vehicle.
- Like Skodas, Seats use engines, transmissions, chassis and switchgear that are VW in all but name.
- From the outside it is an incarnation of the Volkswagen Passat and of the same high quality, and inside it has the air-conditioning and switchgear of the Audi and Volkswagen, but Skoda's version is much cheaper
- There is a plusher cabin interior and new console and switchgear, making the WRX series, public road-going versions of the acclaimed world rally car, a car to lust after.
Words that rhyme with switchgearstratosphere • headgear
Definition of switchgear in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan