Definition of switchgrass in English:
A tall North American panic grass that forms large clumps.
- Panicum virgatum, family Gramineae
- The mixture of warm- and cool-season grass pastures was predominantly switchgrass, big bluestem, and smooth brome.
- After years of research, biopower from two unlikely crops - willow and switchgrass - soon may be a reality in New York and Iowa.
- Both alfalfa and switchgrass can also be burned to generate electricity.
Definition of switchgrass in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan