Definition of switchgrass in English:
A tall North American panic grass that forms large clumps.
- Panicum virgatum, family Gramineae
- The mixture of warm- and cool-season grass pastures was predominantly switchgrass, big bluestem, and smooth brome.
- After years of research, biopower from two unlikely crops - willow and switchgrass - soon may be a reality in New York and Iowa.
- Both alfalfa and switchgrass can also be burned to generate electricity.
Definition of switchgrass in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.