- They are often found in patients who have no symptoms of gallbladder disease.
- The infection may be passed on without causing meningitis or any symptoms of the disease.
- How can one pick out the symptoms of mental illness in patients who seem otherwise normal?
- It was not a harbinger, it was a symptom of the move from a bipolar to a unipolar world.
- The anger or the hatred is in a sense a symptom or a product of the situation that they're caught in.
- Well worth reading on as he beautifully expresses what I now think is a pretty universal symptom.
- Example sentences
- I worried about contracting diseases - especially symptomless diseases - where my lack of physical complaints simply confirmed the severity of my case.
- Meanwhile, there could be a large pool of symptomless people who do not realise they are carrying the infectious prion protein responsible for both the cattle brain disease BSE and vCJD.
- Pre-eclampsia is symptomless in its early stages and at present detectable only by regular checks on the mother's blood pressure and urine.
Late Middle English synthoma, from medieval Latin, based on Greek sumptōma 'chance, symptom', from sumpiptein 'happen'; later influenced by French symptome.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.