verb[with object] chiefly North American
- Be a symptom or sign of: hypothermia is symptomized by confusion, slurred speech, and stiff musclesMore example sentences
- It may be generations before the consequences symptomize themselves in social dysfunctions.
- Instead of belligerence, symptomized by nose rings or tattoos, most of these kids give us the radiant inappropriateness of their erudition and fantasy.
- But they nonetheless symptomize divisions that have grown out of a highly specific set of colonial - and postcolonial - histories.
More definitions of symptomizeDefinition of symptomize in:
- The British & World English dictionary