- A ladderlike series of parallel threads visible in electron microscopy adjacent to and coaxial with pairing chromosomes in meiosis.More example sentences
- The nucleus reorganizes during this time, as sister chromosomes pair and the synaptonemal complex forms.
- In the absence of recombination, it has been suggested that the synaptonemal complex may assume this role in some organisms.
- The synaptonemal complex is present at this stage, and meiotic recombination is completed within this context.
More definitions of synaptonemal complexDefinition of synaptonemal complex in:
- The British & World English dictionary