- (Of a flower, fruit, or ovary) having the carpels united. Often contrasted with apocarpous.More example sentences
- At anthesis, the ovary is completely septate; the syncarpous part (ovary and lower style) is completely symplicate.
- Unfortunately their findings have been largely overlooked and most pomologists assume that apple flowers have an imperfectly syncarpous gynoecium.
- False septums may have been put in later on which could lead to the misapprehension of a syncarpous ovary at superficial examination.
More definitions of syncarpousDefinition of syncarpous in:
- The British & World English dictionary