Definition of systematic theology in English:
A form of theology in which the aim is to arrange religious truths in a self-consistent whole.
- In the third and final article I will consider systematic theology, key centers of theology, movements such as feminism and Radical Orthodoxy, and theology in relation to the churches.
- Many of today's pagans reject super-naturalism, tending toward a ‘natural’ spirituality without systematic theology or dogma.
- He was a pioneer in textual criticism of the Bible, exegesis and systematic theology.
- systematic theologian noun
- Example sentences
- His challenge would lead to a broadening of theology, in that it calls for the cooperation of systematic theologians.
- One of the invitations he accepted, however, was not from fellow professors or systematic theologians but from pastors.
- It follows, I contend, that religion is more richly sustained by storytellers than by systematic theologians.
Definition of systematic theology in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.