noun[treated as singular]
- The branch of biology that deals with classification and nomenclature; taxonomy.More example sentences
- There he got his first taste of applying the tools of molecular biology to systematics and phylogenetic research.
- The two main methods for developing phylogenies in palaeontology are evolutionary systematics and phylogenetic systematics or cladism.
- The question remains, however, whether expertise in taxonomy and biological systematics will be available for the long term.
More definitions of systematicsDefinition of systematics in:
- The British & World English dictionary