(also Tabasco sauce)
- A pungent sauce made from the fruit of a capsicum pepper.
More example sentences
- The plant is Capsicum frutescens (or C. anuum), family Solanaceae
- Nearly 12% of respondents keep condiments handy at their desks, particularly Tabasco, soy sauce, salt, or olive oil.
- Whisk in the lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce and Dijon mustard.
- It was baked chicken, really, but it was basted with a mixture of butter, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco and spices, resulting in a beautiful, browned, crispy and tasty skin.
late 19th century: named after the state of Tabasco (see Tabasco1).