Definition of tablet in English:
1A flat slab of stone, clay, or wood, used especially for an inscription.
- As if memories were not enough, two stone tablets with inscriptions and a copper plate were unearthed from inside the church.
- Any significant ancient ruler required a personal seal for signing clay tablets and other inscriptions.
- Many of these Han burials were readily identifiable by inscribed stone stelae, tablets recording the name, titles, and dates of the deceased.
1.1 Architecture another term for table (sense 3 of the noun).
2A small disk or cylinder of a compressed solid substance, typically a measured amount of a medicine or drug; a pill.
- You can also take antihistamine tablets containing drugs such as cyclizine or cinnarizine to prevent travel or motion sickness.
- You will usually be given pain relief such as paracetamol or codeine tablets to help ease your discomfort.
- Inflammation can be reduced with ibuprofen tablets and paracetamol can help to relieve any pain.
4North American A writing pad.
- Legal pad enthusiasts do seem to have a psychological connection to their writing tablets.
- It consisted of a video of a little girl's hand clasping a pencil and writing on a tablet.
- Pulling his writing tablet from his harness pouch, Alan retrieved the pen he'd placed in the side of his war collar.
Words that rhyme with tabletpamphlet • aglet • anklet
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.