- Rapidly diminishing response to successive doses of a drug, rendering it less effective. The effect is common with drugs acting on the nervous system.More example sentences
- Trebling doses of histamine diphosphate were chosen instead of the usual doubling dose because of the half-life of lidocaine, the number of challenges, and the need to minimize possible tachyphylaxis of the histamine effect.
- The efficacy of calcipotriene is comparable to mid-potency topical corticosteroids; however, it does not cause skin atrophy or tachyphylaxis.
- This spirometric improvement was maintained throughout the 13-week period without any evidence of tachyphylaxis.
More definitions of tachyphylaxisDefinition of tachyphylaxis in:
- The British & World English dictionary