- A rope for applying force to the blocks of a tackle. See tackle ( sense 2 of the noun).More example sentences
- When there are fourteen or more men at a gun, the Port Tackleman and Side Tacklemen, on lower decks, lead out port tackle falls and assist in tricing up port, and when high enough, belay the fall.
- Take the slack out of the stay by adjusting the tackle fall, then put a tiny drop of super-glue in the last hole to secure the fall.
- A memorandum from Colonel George Taylor, dated Middleton, March 12, 1776, states, ‘Received from Wm. Malcolm, eight copper lamps, two tackle falls and blocks, and three casks, and a part of a cask of oil, being articles brought from the light-house on Sandy Hook.’
More definitions of tackle fallDefinition of tackle fall in:
- The British & World English dictionary