- A modern Korean martial art similar to karate.More example sentences
- Parents realize the positive effect karate, tae kwon do, kung fu, judo, or aikido can have on their children.
- The best-known traditional Korean sport is the martial art of tae kwon do, taught by Koreans to people throughout the world as a popular form of self-defense.
- The UW Martial Arts club will demonstrate a variety of martial arts, including tae kwon do, juijitsu and kendo.
Korean, literally 'art of hand and foot fighting', from t'ae 'kick' + kwon 'fist' + do 'art, method'.
More definitions of tae kwon doDefinition of tae kwon do in:
- The British & World English dictionary