- A North African stew of spiced meat and vegetables prepared by slow cooking in a shallow earthenware cooking dish with a tall, conical lid.More example sentences
- You then share a Brasilian plate of two empenadas (baked turnovers, one beef and one sardine), red beans, salad and salsa, and the plat du jour, a lamb tajine, deliciously spiced.
- The meat, which is much less tender, is ideal for the long slow cooking of a tagine.
- This spice mix has its origins in Tunisia and is used in couscous, meat dishes and some tagines.
from Moroccan Arabic: ṭažin from Arabic ṭājin 'frying pan.'.
More definitions of tagineDefinition of tagine in:
- The British & World English dictionary