(also tahina /-nə/)
- A Middle Eastern paste or sauce made from ground sesame seeds.More example sentences
- It's a brilliant relish for grilled meats when beaten with tahini (sesame seed paste) and spices, and an equally brilliant relish for grilled meats or curries when spiced with toasted cumin seeds and nigella.
- I would eat foods that were made famous thousands of years ago such as hummus, tahini, pitta bread, olives from the Holy Land, dates and figs.
- If there is some left over from the day before, hummus - a mixture of mashed chickpeas, garlic, lemon and tahina, a sesame-based sauce - can also find a place on the breakfast table.
from modern Greek takhini, based on Arabic ṭaḥana 'to crush'.
More definitions of tahiniDefinition of tahini in:
- The British & World English dictionary