- An auxiliary rotor at the tail of a helicopter designed to counterbalance the torque of the main rotor.More example sentences
- Absence of the tail rotor enables the helicopter to perform flat turns within the entire flight speed range.
- The tail rotor is designed on a biplane configuration, with independently controlled X-shaped blades.
- Kamov helicopters are well known for the co-axial contra-rotating rotor design, but the Ka - 60 has a single four-bladed main rotor with an anti-torque tail rotor.
More definitions of tail rotorDefinition of tail rotor in:
- The British & World English dictionary