- Hard chalk or soapstone used in tailoring and dressmaking for marking fabric.More example sentences
- But by the end of the first week, her skin and eyes were itchy from the fabric dust and tailor's chalk.
- She had some training in pattern making, but her experience and artistic ability - she had won a scholarship to art school, but did not take it - led her to work freehand with her tailor's chalk directly on the material.
- Triangular shaped tailor's chalk is perfect for marking around templates or for marking quilting lines.
More definitions of tailor's chalkDefinition of tailor's chalk in:
- The British & World English dictionary