Definition of taimen in English:
noun (plural same)
A food fish that is closely related to the huchen, widespread in Siberia and eastern Asia.
- Hucho taimen, family Salmonidae
- That makes the taimen the world's largest salmonid (a family that includes salmon and trout).
- As well as creating economic incentives for protecting the taimen, the team hopes to foster a faith-based conservation ethic by rebuilding the Dayan Derkh Buddhist monastery in Hövsgöl province.
- All the usual varieties were laid out - zander, whitefish, trout and taimen.
1970s: from Russian.
Definition of taimen in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan