noun (plural same)
A food fish that is closely related to the huchen, widespread in Siberia and eastern Asia.
- Hucho taimen, family Salmonidae
More example sentences
- That makes the taimen the world's largest salmonid (a family that includes salmon and trout).
- As well as creating economic incentives for protecting the taimen, the team hopes to foster a faith-based conservation ethic by rebuilding the Dayan Derkh Buddhist monastery in Hövsgöl province.
- All the usual varieties were laid out - zander, whitefish, trout and taimen.
1970s: from Russian.
Definition of taimen in:
- The British & World English dictionary