noun (plural same)
- The basic monetary unit of Bangladesh, equal to 100 poisha.More example sentences
- Bangladesh has spent about 500 billion taka (8.43 billion dollars) in efforts to stop erosion over the past three decades.
- The Dhaka-based Bengali film industry churns out more than 100 low-budget movies a year at an average cost of 6.5 million taka each.
- With a loan from Yunus of 50 taka (a few dollars), it took Sophia only a few months to establish her own little business, increase her income seven fold, and repay the loan.
from Bengali ṭākā.
More definitions of takaDefinition of taka in:
- The British & World English dictionary