- (Of a senior officer in the armed forces or other person of importance) acknowledge formally a salute given by a body of troops marching past.More example sentences
- Following the ceremony, war veterans and cadets accompanied by Spen Valley Brass Band paraded to City Hall where the Lord Lieutenant of West Yorkshire, Dr Ingrid Roscoe, took the salute at a march past in Centenary Square.
- The college's commanding officer, Lt Col Guy Deacon, inspected the soldiers and took the salute as they marched past.
- After the service, Wing Commander Dave Forbes took the salute at the march past.
More definitions of take the saluteDefinition of take the salute in:
- The British & World English dictionary