- 2A person who takes a bet or accepts an offer or challenge: there were plenty of takers when I offered a small wagerMore example sentences
- There were no takers for her offer, for everyone seemed to want a lively dance instead.
- There would be plenty of takers further afield, but the farm doesn't have the manpower to run it.
- Poultry shops like this one in Triplicane are finding fewer takers these days due to the bird influenza scare.
More definitions of takerDefinition of taker in:
- The British & World English dictionary