Definition of takin in English:
A large heavily built goat-antelope found in steep, dense woodlands of the eastern Himalayas.
- Budorcas taxicolor, family Bovidae
- Taxonomists finally determined that the musk-ox's closest relative is the golden takin, a goat-antelope of the mountainous regions of southeastern Tibet, northern Burma and western China.
- The takin is not the closest relative to the musk-ox.
- On the World Natural Heritage List and the list of Man and Biosphere of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, it is a nature reserve with takins, snub-nosed monkeys and giant pandas.
Mid 19th century: a local word.
Definition of takin in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.