A large heavily built goat-antelope found in steep, dense woodlands of the eastern Himalayas.
- Budorcas taxicolor, family Bovidae
More example sentences
- Taxonomists finally determined that the musk-ox's closest relative is the golden takin, a goat-antelope of the mountainous regions of southeastern Tibet, northern Burma and western China.
- The takin is not the closest relative to the musk-ox.
- On the World Natural Heritage List and the list of Man and Biosphere of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, it is a nature reserve with takins, snub-nosed monkeys and giant pandas.
mid 19th century: a local word.
More definitions of takinDefinition of takin in:
- The British & World English dictionary