Definition of takin in English:
A large heavily built goat-antelope found in steep, dense woodlands of the eastern Himalayas.
- Budorcas taxicolor, family Bovidae
- Taxonomists finally determined that the musk-ox's closest relative is the golden takin, a goat-antelope of the mountainous regions of southeastern Tibet, northern Burma and western China.
- The takin is not the closest relative to the musk-ox.
- On the World Natural Heritage List and the list of Man and Biosphere of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, it is a nature reserve with takins, snub-nosed monkeys and giant pandas.
mid 19th century: a local word.
Definition of takin in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan