- A tam-o'-shanter.More example sentences
- Work a vintage fedora, tam or veiled hat into your wardrobe for a bit of uptown chic.
- It takes some acting craft for him to pull off the feat of wearing the outlandish sweater vests, demented tams, garish checks and plaids without ever seeming as if he were wearing a costume.
- He reached up and adjusted his plaid tam, which offset perfectly his red scarf and silk shirt.
late 19th century: abbreviation.
More definitions of TAMDefinition of tam in:
- The British & World English dictionary