- A round woolen or cloth cap of Scottish origin, with a pom-pom in the center.More example sentences
- He was one of the sport's most refreshing figures, a fellow who honored the game with his throwback attire, knickers and a tam-o'-shanter, a kiss to his Scottish heritage.
- A tam-o'-shanter, a link to his Scottish roots, perches on his head.
- Hers are a Highlander's dreams: obviously, the tartan plaid and tam-o'-shanter evince his Scottish affinity.
mid 19th century: named after the hero of Burns's poem Tam o' Shanter (1790).
More definitions of tam-o'-shanterDefinition of tam-o'-shanter in:
- The British & World English dictionary