Definition of tamandua in English:
A small nocturnal arboreal anteater with a naked prehensile tail, native to tropical America.
- Genus Tamandua, family Myrmecophagidae: two species
- And when we landed, a tamandua was busy breaking into a termite mound beside the runway.
- The tamandua feeds on ants and termites which it catches with its long, sticky tongue.
- As well as strong claws, tamanduas have powerful prehensile tails to give them additional purchase when climbing.
Words that rhyme with tamanduatandoor
Definition of tamandua in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.