Definition of tamarack in English:
A slender North American larch.
- Larix laricina, family Pinaceae
- The forests include such conifers as red spruce, black spruce, white spruce, balsam fir, red pine, jack pine, eastern white pine, tamarack, eastern white cedar, and eastern hemlock.
- Now the slender spires of tamarack and balsam fir dominated a scraggly forest, while impenetrable-looking layers of hardy shrubs filled the understorey.
- Some characteristic tree species are black spruce, white spruce, tamarack, balsam poplar, dwarf birch, paper birch, shining willow, Bebb willow, and trembling aspen.
Words that rhyme with tamarackanorak
Definition of tamarack in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.