noun (plural same or tambalas)
- A monetary unit of Malawi, equal to one hundredth of a kwacha.More example sentences
- Such fuel price hikes spell doom for a poor villager who has to add a few more tambalas when buying paraffin.
- The Reserve Bank of Malawi on November 11 issued a new series of 20 tambala and 50 tambala coins.
- He was about seven years old, dressed in rags and begging for tambalas in the local market.
from Nyanja, literally 'cockerel'.
More definitions of tambalaDefinition of tambala in:
- The British & World English dictionary