Definition of tambourin in English:
1A long narrow drum used in Provence.
- The galoubet and tambourin are instruments that symbolise the musical spirit of Provence.
- Galoubets and tambourins are not only sold in Provence, nor only in France.
- In April, the festival of the Provence tambourin, organised by the association is an opportunity to witness a great regional gathering of ‘tambourinaires’- the tambourin players.
1.1A dance accompanied by a tambourin.
- The Tambourin is an example of the lively Provençal dance-type whose mood of lusty, percussive celebration served the composer well in a number of operas.
French, diminutive of tambour (see tambour).
Words that rhyme with tambourinmandarin • warfarin
Definition of tambourin in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.