- A small grayish-brown wallaby found in southwestern Australia.
More example sentences
- Macropus eugenii, family Macropodidae
- The tammar wallaby is the Australian marsupial model for genetic mapping studies.
- Extensive mapping of the Y chromosome in the tammar wallaby had shown that the origin of the Y predated the divergence of marsupials from eutherian mammals.
- For instance, spotted skunks, Spilogale putorius, stamp their front feet when approached by an unfamiliar person or animal, and white-tailed deer and tammar wallabies stamp their feet when encountering a predator.
mid 19th century: from Gaurna (an Aboriginal language) tamma.