- Relating to a style of Indian cooking based on the use of a tandoor: tandoori chickenMore example sentences
- If you are tired of the regular variety, you can try out the desi version of the pizza - Naanza - tandoori chicken on a tandoori naan base.
- As a result, Indian tandoori restaurants have sprung up all around the world.
- After years of experimenting with restaurants specialising in North Indian and tandoori dishes, there seems to be a growing demand among the urban clientele for traditional Kerala fare.
nounBack to top
- 1Tandoori food or cooking.More example sentences
- Traditional classics such as tandoori, balti, korma, pathia, dopiaza, madras and bhuna curries were there, along with a decent choice of chef's specials, and, I was pleased to see, no puddings.
- The situation was not helped by the constant stream of Indian food, curry, balti, tandoori, pappadum and raitha poured down the traumatised gullet of the elderly Bostonian lady on seat 27C by the flight attendants.
- The restaurant's menu is vast, featuring traditional dishes of every kind including balti, tandoori, biryani, korma, bhuna, rogan josh - and even English dishes.
- 1.1A restaurant serving tandoori.More example sentences
- We Brits seem to favour eight pints of lager over a bottle of vino at the local tandoori.
- Or if someone pops into the local tandoori, do we ask that all curries be banned because they smell?
- The decor is a million miles from your local taj tandoori, and the chef's imaginative contemporary food is subtly spiced.
from Urdu and Persian tandūri, from tandūr (see tandoor).
More definitions of tandooriDefinition of tandoori in:
- The British & World English dictionary