Definition of tandoori in English:
Relating to a style of Indian cooking based on the use of a tandoor: tandoori chicken
More example sentences
- If you are tired of the regular variety, you can try out the desi version of the pizza - Naanza - tandoori chicken on a tandoori naan base.
- As a result, Indian tandoori restaurants have sprung up all around the world.
- After years of experimenting with restaurants specialising in North Indian and tandoori dishes, there seems to be a growing demand among the urban clientele for traditional Kerala fare.
nounBack to top
1Tandoori food or cooking.
- Traditional classics such as tandoori, balti, korma, pathia, dopiaza, madras and bhuna curries were there, along with a decent choice of chef's specials, and, I was pleased to see, no puddings.
- The situation was not helped by the constant stream of Indian food, curry, balti, tandoori, pappadum and raitha poured down the traumatised gullet of the elderly Bostonian lady on seat 27C by the flight attendants.
- The restaurant's menu is vast, featuring traditional dishes of every kind including balti, tandoori, biryani, korma, bhuna, rogan josh - and even English dishes.
1.1A restaurant serving tandoori.
- We Brits seem to favour eight pints of lager over a bottle of vino at the local tandoori.
- Or if someone pops into the local tandoori, do we ask that all curries be banned because they smell?
- The decor is a million miles from your local taj tandoori, and the chef's imaginative contemporary food is subtly spiced.
Words that rhyme with tandooricurie, de jure, fioriture, fury, houri, Jewry, jury, Manipuri, Missouri, moory, Newry, Urey
Definition of tandoori in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.