adjective (tangier, tangiest)
- Having a strong, piquant flavor or smell: a tangy saladMore example sentences
- What was that delicious smell, at once tangy and spicy and somehow very Italian?
- She could feel the wind blowing against her neck and smell the tangy scent of the ocean drifting on the breeze.
- Master chefs have their hands full preparing a variety of delectable dishes with zany flavours and tangy tastes.
- More example sentences
- Some savoury recipes also use rhubarb, as its tanginess makes it an ideal accompaniment for fatty meats or oily fish.
- No dubious burger restaurants here, but elegant restaurants and diners, with plump fish, prawns and mussels doused in the taste and tanginess of the sparking Adriatic Sea.
- It was topped with two pieces of bread with melted goat cheese, for a pleasant mixture of texture and tanginess.