Definition of tannic acid in English:
Another term for tannin.
- One researcher I know says the tannic acid and theobromine in tea help remove heat from sunburn.
- The samples were then kept at - 80°C for 24 h in a precooled solution of 0.1% tannic acid in anhydrous acetone.
- They decided to use proline and hydroxyproline embedded in a solid state, and previous experiments had demonstrated that gelatin had high affinities to tannin and tannic acid derived from sorghum.
- Example sentences
- For those who prefer a more technical explanation: The ink would be composed mostly of iron tannate or gallate.
- A ferric tannate staining was used to highlight cell walls exposed on the cut surfaces and stained cells were measured immediately to minimize possible dimensional change due to osmotic water uptake.
- In the presence of iron and water, the naturally-occurring tannins in redwood react to form a dark, blue-black iron tannate precipitate.
Definition of tannic acid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.